MISP Instructor Training Course: 23rd February & 1st March 2024, 9am - 4pm, Altonhill Campus, Kilmarnock, KA3 1PX
2 Day training
The Massage in Schools Instructor training course is run over a 2 day period and is a very comprehensive balance of practical tuition and theory and includes:
- The background of the programme and why it works
- The benefits of the MISP for children, teachers, schools, families and society
- How the MISP links to child development
- Current research and how it supports the MISP
- How the MISP activates the brain and nervous system, reducing stress and anxiety in children, making them available for learning
- The MISP massage routine
- Adaptations for special needs, ADHD, autism
- Incorporating touch and movement into the learning of all school subjects
- How to implement the programme in schools as well as community centres for children and their parents
- Child protection, professionalism and ethics
The cost of the course includes the training manual, MISP routine cards, handouts, all refreshments and lifetime membership of the Scottish Massage in Schools Association (MISA Scotland), an invaluable support for MISP instructors and part of MISA International.
On completion of the Massage in Schools Training, you will become an internationally certified Massage in Schools Programme (MISP) instructor, enabling you to work anywhere in the world.
We offer in-house trainings for schools and organisations working with children and families. These are tailor-made for you and timings can be adapted to your needs. Contact Isabel Fraser for more details. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"Thank you for such an informative and enjoyable two days which have motivated me and increased my enthusiasm for taking the massage programme into schools. The weekend gave me the opportunity to have many learning experiences – both personal and professional."
- Margo M, retired teacher (Fife), Nov 2014
"Just wanted to thank you very much for a great weekend of learning. A very inspiring course which I am very enthusiastic to get it working in the Borders. I enjoyed it very much, and you delivered the course in a great way."
- Lorna J, massage therapist (Scottish Borders), Nov 2014
“The best course I have been on in my 30 years teaching”
- Teacher from Glasgow
“Exceeded expectations”, “truly worthwhile”, “professional”, “fantastic presentation, well balanced and well organised course” - Teachers from a Renfrewshire training
see Training dates